Wednesday, September 22, 2010

French Fried Onions



I noticed the other day just how expensive a can of french fried onions was....and I just COULDNT buy them.
I knew I had a recipe somewhere and they turned out fantastic and SO easy!


1 large onion sliced into rings
2 cups milk
1-2 cups flour(* for GF)
oil for frying
seasoning salt


Place your sliced onion in milk and soak for at least five minutes.












Drain and toss in flour













Heat oil over medium heat and gently place in onions.
If you are doing it in a frying pan you want a good 3/4 inch oil!











Fry until nicely browned and crisp
Place on paper towels and season to taste immediately.




Store in an air tight container.






* Gluten Free
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup rice flour

1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH. You are now my bestest friend EVER! We LOVE these. It's so simple! Why on EARTH didn't I think of this before?

    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete