Sunday, June 16, 2013

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Casserole

We celebrated Father's Day with Steaks yesterday since my husband had to work today....We were kind of iffy on dinner tonight. I had planned something completely different but when it came right down to it, no one wanted that.....My husband suggested grilled cheese and tomato soup. I took that idea and ran with it!
My kids said they like this better than "regular" grilled cheese and tomato soup! Easier to eat LOL.






10 slices bread (whole grain or gluten free if you need)
4 cups tomato sauce
2 TB heavy cream(cream is best but milk would be fine too)
1 TB dried parsley
1 TB dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 eggs

6 oz shredded sharp cheddar

1 TB butter

Preheat oven to 350

Toast the bread and slice into cubes. use the 1 TB Butter to grease a 9 x 13 dish. Place bread cubes in the bottom of the pan.













Mix tomato sauce, cream ,seasonings and eggs together in a bowl. Whisk well.







Pour over the bread cubes.










Top with shredded cheese.









Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or so until baked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.


Top with cheese crackers and a scoop of sour cream(ok I am the only one who likes sour cream on my tomato soup....but I like sour cream on everything!)







No comments:

Post a Comment