Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Colonel Munch Cereal

LOL....The other day I came across a copycat recipe of Planet Hollywoods Cap'n Crunch Chicken and it sounded interesting. Then I started thinking about Cap'n Crunch....worth a shot I think! While it is not EXACTLY like them, this turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself!!! No preservatives or artificial colors and it doesn't cut up your mouth LOL








2 cups corn flour
3/4 cup white sugar(I used Zulka Cane Sugar)
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup (+ or-) water


In a food processor mix together flours sugars and salt.

Turn the processor on and slowly add the coconut oil and process until it is well blended and the mixture is pebble like.

Slowly add the water 1-2 TB at a time until it just sticks together and slightly sticky. (sorry I missed this pic)

Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for a hour.





Preheat oven to 325

On a floured surface(corn or oat flour) roll the dough to between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thickness and slice into small rectangles. ( I think mine were a tad too thick)

Place squares on a greased baking sheet.






Bake for 12 -15 minutes and GENTLY stir around(flip if needed) Bake for 7-10 minutes more until golden brown.

They will crisp as they cool!

Cool completely and store in an air tight container.





I put this under "Breakfast" items but in my opinion its not exactly a healthy breakfast....there is quite a bit of sugar in these....not any worse than any other sugary cereal I guess but not really our cup of tea for the first meal of the day LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment