Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Creamy Greek Pasta Salad

I needed to use up some Feta so I decided to go with something with a Greek flair. This worked out very
well!

No process pictures as I lost my camera battery charger and I am waiting on a new one!

I wanted to add diced red bell peppers too but mine was icky... Next time!
Olives would be a nice addition too, but I had none on hand.




1 lb pasta (shape of your choice) cooked al dente

1/2 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
10-15 slices pepperoni, sliced into strips

3/4 cup pickled banana peppers
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 cups baby spinach leaves
3/4-1 cup crumbled feta cheese

1 cup Non Fat plain Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes(oil packed, drained slightly but you want a little oil)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 TB dried oregano
1 TB dried parsley
2 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste



In a large mixing bowl place cooked pasta, chicken breast and pepperoni, add peppers, zucchini, spinach and feta.


In a smaller bowl mix yogurt, tomatoes, vinegar and seasonings. Blend well.

Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently until everything is evenly covered.

Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment