Friday, February 24, 2012

Gluten Free Cheese Crackers

These are a hit with my GF son! My friend sent me this recipe and I modified it to our liking!











6 oz shredded sharp cheddar(actually you can use just about any kind of hard cheese you like!)
4 TB butter
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup cornstarch(plus more for rolling if need be)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
2 TB water (plus or minus)


In a food processor combine everything but the water










process until you get fine crumbs.











Slowly add water until the dough holds together, you dont really want it over-moistened!

Take it out of the processor and hand knead into a smooth ball.






preheat oven to 400

I cut the ball into quarters and rolled it out with my Kitchenaid pasta roller, you can roll it out by hand to 1/8 inch or so.









Cut into desired shapes. I just did squares with my pizza cutter but I do have tiny little animal shape cutters. I might do that next time LOL.

Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and poke each one with a fork or toothpick.









Bake for 5- 7 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake an additional 3-5 minutes until crisp.



They will crisp a bit more as they cool.
Cool completely and store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment