Friday, June 17, 2011

Spinach and Herb Tortillas

I was making Black Bean Burritos and I wanted a different twist on the tortillas. I love spinach tortillas so I decided to give them a try.





2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 TB water
2 cups flour
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried oregano(2 TB fresh)
1 tsp dried basil(2 TB fresh)
1 tsp dried parsley(2 TB fresh)
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 TB oilve oil
about 1/2 cup water

In a pan heat the 2 TB of water and add the spinach, stir and cook until bright and wilted well.












Add spinach to a mixing bowl(I used my kitchenaid food processor with dough blade)and add in oil and seasonings. Give it a few quick pulses.










Add in flour and start mixing SLOWLY adding water until it just forms into a ball....you may not need the full 1/2 cup. Do not over moisten, if you do add a bit more flour.









Remove from bowl and hand knead for a few turns.












Divide into 8 pieces.












Roll ball out to about a 10 inch diameter.
(forgive me, for the life of me I cannot roll a nice circle, LOL)











Heat a large pan over medium heat(no oils or sprays!!)
Place rolled tortilla on the pan and cook for 45-60 seconds until slightly browned and flip. Cook 45-60 seconds more.




Store on paper towels and covered(preferably a tortilla warmer, it keeps them warm and soft, line it with paper towels to absorb excess condensation) and repeat with remaining sections.
Best used immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment