Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Snickerdoodles

My sons class was going to the park for a field trip and I was asked to bring a few dozen cookies. I asked him what kind he wanted and he said Chocolate Snickerdoodles. I wanted something a little softer than traditional Snickerdoodles so I played around and got these!








3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2  cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 TB vanilla
3 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper(brings out the chocolate flavor, may be omitted)

3 TB sugar
1 TB cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350

Beat butter and sugars on medium high until fluffy.












Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.












In another bowl mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and cayenne if using until well combined.










Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until well combined






In a small dish mix sugar and cinnamon.






 Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and press down slightly.











Bake 8-10 minutes. About 1/2 way through baking I like to give them another light pressing, they dont spread alot on their own but do very well if you tap them down slightly.

Cool on sheet for 1 minute, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.




Makes about 4 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I love snickerdoodles! I will have to try this out someday soon!

    ReplyDelete