Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lemon Chili Pasta Dough

I wanted to experiment tonight. I had 2 lemons that needed to be used so I started going through my recipes to see what could be good together. I think these flavors compliment each other wonderfully. I used under my next recipe Grilled Lemon Chicken with Sweet Pepper Sauce.



This recipe fed my family of 5 but that was in a dish where the pasta not meant to be the "main dish" part. It could easily be doubled into a main dish recipe!



2 cups plus 2 TB all purpose flour(you can use semolina, wheat, or any combo of them!)
2 eggs
2 TB lemon juice
1 tsp crushed dried red chilies(you can go more if you want more heat!)
1 tsp lemon pepper
water as needed

I do mine in my kitchenaid but you can proceed with your dough making as you see fit

Place flour, eggs, lemon juice, chilies and lemon pepper in the mixer bowl and attach the flat beater. Turn the mixer on a low setting and mix until well combined. Add  just enough water that it is starting to come together. you dont want it too moist or else you get a sticky mess going through your roller and cutter!

Remove dough to counter and hand knead until it all presses together nicely.
Divide into 4 pieces and allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Proceed with whatever shape pasta you prefer..... I did fettuccine:








Attach the pasta roller and proceed to roll each ball into a smooth sheet on setting 1(this usually takes several passes) Switch to setting 5 and run through one more time.
Set on a towel and proceed with the remaining 3 balls.







I cut each sheet in half to make shorter noodles then attached my fettuccini cutter and ran it though.

Hang to dry or toss it in a pot of salted boiling water and cook (it only takes a few minutes from fresh, a few extra if it has been dried!)








No comments:

Post a Comment