Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken Quiche with Broccoli and Spinach

I got a daily recipe of the day from allrecipes a few weeks ago for Sour Cream Chicken Quiche. It looked delicious and I put it in my favorites file. After having it on my menus and it getting pushed back several times I finally got to make it. I  added a few of my own touches so I decided to post it here.




1 deep dish pie crust(I used 1/2 THIS recipe, but you can use whatever you prefer)
1/2 TB olive oil
1 small onion
1/2 green bell bell pepper
1 handful baby spinach
1 1/2 TB flour
1 small crown of broccoli, chopped
1 cup shredded chicken breast
1/4 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded swiss
3 eggs
3/4 cup sour cream(I prefer Darigold Mexican Style)
3/4 cup milk

Prepare your pie crust and put it in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 400
Heat olive oil in medium pan over medium heat.
Place onion, bell pepper and spinach in a food processor and process until everything is well chopped.
Pour it all into the heated pan and sautee for 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the flour and mix gently. Heat 1 more minute. Remove from heat and add in chicken and broccoli.


Pour entire mixture into prepared pie crust.












Top with shredded cheeses.












In a bowl beat eggs with sour cream and milk












Pour over the top of the cheese














Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes,












without opening the oven door reduce temperature to 350 and bake 30 minutes more until a knife comes out clean.


Nutrition:
Per 1/8 of the pie LINK



Per 1/6 of the pie LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment