Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chicken Smoked Sausage Fried Rice

I really didn't intend to put this on here, but it was SO delicious and even better the next day as leftovers so I
had to share it! All the veggies were fresh from my garden. I was searching for something to use up a chicken smoked sausage I picked up and I wanted to use my fresh peas as well. A Google search brought me to the Hillshire Farms Recipe page and I came across this one. We love fried rice so it seemed right up our alley.
Original recipe here, of course I added my own touches. This will definetly be on our "favorites" list!




3 eggs, lightly beaten

3 cups brown rice, cooked
2 TB olive oil

16 oz Chicken Smoked Sausage, diced*
1 cup fresh peas(frozen are fine too, just defrost first)
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 small sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced


2-3 TB soy sauce or braggs amino
1 TB teriyaki sauce
black pepper, red pepper flakes

*I used a chicken smoked sausage from a local butcher, you could use beef or pork smoked sausage if you like, its all tasty!!


Cook and cool your rice, set aside

Lightly grease a large pan or wok, heat over medium  heat.  Add eggs, do not stir!! Let them cook 2-3 minutes then gently swirl the pan to re-distribute the liquid. Continue to cook until the edges are browning and the center is set. Remove from pan and dice gently, set aside.

In the pan add the oil and raise the temp to medium high, add the rice and cook, stirring often until it is slightly crispy.

Remove from the pan and set aside

Finally raise the temp to high, add the sausage and veggies, stir fry until the veggies are tender crisp.
Reduce temp slightly , Add eggs and rice to the pan, then add sauces and seasonings to taste. Heat through and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment