Monday, April 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Lemon Lime Pork Chops with Creamy Cilantro Sauce

I found these chops on the "Taste of Home" website. It was kind of what I was looking for so I decided to modify it a bit. I really wanted to serve these on grilled cactus panels but when I went to the store I was disappointed to find out they were not carrying them!! BUMMER! I hope they are just not in season and will be back soon because I would really miss them.




6 chops(I prefer boneless)

Zest from 1 small lime
Juice from 2 small limes(about 1/4 cup)
Zest from 1/2 medium lemon
Juice from 1 medium lemon(about 1/2 cup)
1 TB ground cumin
1/2 TB chili powder
1/2 TB garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste



                         Got a new attachment for my kitchenaind!! ----------->







Zesting tip: peel with a potato peeler and chop in a coffee grinder!









In a slow cooker place the chops

In a bowl combine the marinade ingredients and mix well, set aside 2 TB marinade.

Pour remaining marinade over chops, set to low and cook 6-8 hours (time depends on the thickness of your chops so check as needed for a temp of 165)





Cilantro Sauce:
2 TB cornstarch
2 TB reserved marinade
1 cup milk
2 tsp chicken bullion granules
1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste



When the chops are done or nearing done set them to warm and start the sauce:
In a blender combine all ingredients except cornstarch and  blend until rather smooth. Add in cornstarch and blend a few more seconds to combine















Pour milk mixture into sauce pan and heat over medium heat











Whisking and cook until thickened.

Salt and Pepper to taste







Place chops on a plate and top with Sauce





No comments:

Post a Comment