Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spinach, Swiss and Strawberry Stuffed Pork Chops

My sons went berry picking with my mom this morning, so I decided I had to use some of them for dinner tonight. I wanted something simple so this is what I came up with. I think this would be excellent with chicken as well. I had originally intended to use Havarti cheese but when I got into my cheese drawer my Havarti supply was depleted LOL.






Amounts are relative to how much you need, don't go nuts and overfill though.

boneless pork chops pounded thin
shredded swiss cheese
fresh sliced strawberries
baby spinach leaves

oregano
lemon pepper
salt

Topping:(enough for 4 decent sized chops)
1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette(premade or I have a great recipe here)
1 TB honey
2 TB half and half


Whisk all the topping ingredients together and set aside.











Place thin pork chops on a flat surface and place on a few leaves of baby spinach, some sliced strawberries (maybe 2 berries per chop)and top with a sprinkle of cheese(I use about 1-2 TB per chop)







Gently roll up from and tucking in sides as you go and secure with toothpicks if necessary.







Sprinkle them with the seasonings.( I actually did Sicilian Lemon Salt, black pepper and oregano but I figured more people would have lemon pepper so I listed that instead)






Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 TB olive oil. When the oil is hot, swirl it around the pan, then add the rolls, cover and cook turning only as needed.








When they are just about done(15-20 minutes depending on thickness) pour the topping over them, cover and continue cooking  until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165.









Remove to plates and scoop a little sauce over the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment