Monday, January 16, 2012

Dough Enhancer

I am been meaning to put this on here for a while. I add this to all my breads, it helps keep it fresher longer and it helps whole grain breads rise higher. I got this recipe from this blog and I modified it a bit , it works beautifully.








1 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup non-fat dry milk powder
2 TB lecithin granules(available at health food stores Bob's Red Mill makes a good one, my store sells it in the bulk containers)
2 TB pectin powder(sure-jell)
2 TB unflavored gelatin(1 packet of Knox is generally just under 1 TB, I usually do 2.5 packets)
2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp ascorbic acid(you can crush unflavored/uncolored vitamin c tablets or buy granules)



Combine in a container with a tight lid. Place on lid and shake well.
Store in the fridge.

I use 2 TB for a white flour based loaf and 1/4 cup for a whole grain loaf mixed in with the flours.

No comments:

Post a Comment