Friday, April 15, 2011

Veggie Meatballs

I wanted to make a copy of Don Lee Farms Veggie Meatballs, when I went back to Costco to write down the ingredients they were out so I made the Veggie "Patties" ingredients into meatball shapes LOL....I think they worked out great! I emailed the company for a list of the meatball ingredients.
I will add them in if I dont think it would be to hard to adapt.










1 TB olive oil
3 large carrots, shredded
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 stalks celery, chopped fine
1 small green bell pepper, chopped fine
(I put all of these through my shredding blade in my food processor)
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs(approx)
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 350

Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat, add veggies and saute to very soft, drain.



Place cooked veggies into food processor, pulse process adding in bread crumbs until it holds together well, you may need more or less depending on the actual size of your veggies and how much you drained ETC, add in seasonings and pulse once more.(missed this pic sorry)








Remove to a bowl and add in sunflower seeds, stir well.









Scoop and shape into balls of your size preference, place on a greased cookie sheet.











Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment