Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Roasted Garlic and Pumpkin Pizza

This was just delicious.....super delicious!! I made a big batch of pumpkin puree from one of my surprise
garden pumpkins today, and I roasted up the seeds too....my son had suggested a pizza with ham so I thought I would try a few things out...... I really had not planned on putting it on here....but like with many thoughts that start like that it was just too tasty to not share! I really thought we would get a little kid resistance but they gobbled it up!






1 unbaked pizza crust

3/4 cup pumpkin puree
6 cloves ROASTED garlic, mashed (roasted is important, dont sub fresh)


Toppings, amounts to taste, dont overload the crust though!
diced ham
baby spinach
caramelized sweet onions
mozzarella cheese
Roasted pumpkin seeds (I only added a touch of garlic powder for seasoning on mine)

Mix the puree with the mashed garlic, allow to mingle for an hour or so.

Spread on the unbaked crust then top with ham, spinach, onions and cheese. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes(depending on the thickness of your crust) until the cheese is toasty and bubbly. Allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment