Sunday, September 15, 2013

Beer and Bacon Cheese Dip

I really hadn't expected this to turn out so well so I didn't take process pictures. It is DELICIOUS! I wanted a cheese dip that didn't have fake cheese so I started throwing things in the pot.







3-4 slices bacon, chopped fine
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
12 oz beer ( I used Dick Danger Ale)
8 oz shredded cheese(I used a mix of pepper jack and cheddar, use your fave!)
8 oz brick of cream cheese
1 tsp worcestshire
garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt to taste

minced jalapeno(optional)

In a deep pot cook the bacon over medium heat until cooked through. Add the flour milk and beer, whisk well.(no need to remove grease unless you want, it helps incorporate the flour, you need to whisk ALOT to remove those lumps!!)

Cook over medium until well thicken, add cheeses and stir until melted. Add Worcestershire and seasonings to taste.(and jalapeno if using)

Serve with soft pretzels or a good sour dough

No comments:

Post a Comment