Friday, January 25, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I found a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust a while back but never got around to using it. I changed it a little to suit our preferences and it turned out very delicious!!! Its pretty small though, I didnt want to go TOO thin on the crust so I used a 8 x 11 pan, I think it could be stretched to a 9 x 13 though.... It was too small for a dinner, so we ended up eating it for lunch. Next time I will double it, but definetly a keeper. It was a big hit with the kids!





3 cups(approx 1 medium head) shredded cauliflower (food processor, vitamix, cheese grater ETC)

1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder(more or less to taste)
1 TB dried oregano
1 TB dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheese(flavor of your choice)

Preheat oven to 275.
On a parchment paper lined pan spread the 3 cups shredded cauliflower, sprinkle with a little salt.
Slowly bake the cauliflower until it is very tender stirring around as needed to prevent burning .....time with be variable depending on your method of shredding.






Kick the oven heat up to 450

Cool the cauliflower and place in a large bowl...add remaining ingredients except eggs and stir vigorously, you want to break down the pieces slightly, but not turn it too mushy.




Add the egg and stir well.




Spray a pan with non stick cooking spray(or line with parchment paper)

Gently pat the cauliflower mixture into the bottom of the pan








Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.












Remove from oven and top as desired(remember its a bit on the delicate side, so dont OVER load)


Bake or broil to melt the toppings and heat through.





3 comments:

  1. hi, this looks like just what I've been wanting, but a little confused. Your list of ingrients calls for one egg, but the instructions say to add eggs one at a time. How many eggs do we need? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops! Sorry, when I was experimenting I was planning on adding 2, but it turned out one was sufficient. I will fix that error!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I don't have an oven right now, but when I do get it fixed, I am looking forward to trying this pizza!

      Delete