Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kalua Pig White Chili

I made a pork roast the other day but I got it on to cook way too late to be ready in time for dinner. So I decided to shred it up and make it into chili for tonight. The recipe I used for the pork made a fantastic compliment! (Kalua Pig, my roast was a little over 1.5 lbs so cook time was less and I used 1/2 the salt but same amount of liquid smoke)



approx 1.5 lb pork roast, cooked with above linked recipe and shredded
4 cups cooked great northern beans (approx 2 cans)
1 qt chicken stock
4 oz diced green chilies
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green and/or red bell peppers
2 ts cumin
1 ts garlic powder
salt and pepper(preferably white pepper) to taste
hot sauce to taste
add chopped jalapenos for a spicy kick


Combine all in a slow cooker and mix well. Set to low and cook approx. 6 hours




Freezes well! Just chill thoroughly and place in a resealable container(I place a layer of heavy plastic wrap directly on top of it before placing the lid)

No comments:

Post a Comment