Friday, September 23, 2011

Gluten Free Pizza Crust

Another venture into gluten free! I ordered myself the grain mill attachment for my kitchenaid so I can grind my own flours to help cut costs too.
* A note to my current followers. I will not be switching to entirely gluten free recipes. I will still be making recipes but for alot of things I will include modifications for GF and "regular"





2 tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tsp sugar

1 tsp cider vinegar
1 TB olive oil

1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup dry milk powder(3 TB sweet rice flour for dairy free)
1/2 cup millet flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp gelatin OR agar agar
3/4 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp Italian seasonings(optional)

Mix water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes until foamy. Add in vinegar and oil.












In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients well with a whisk to avoid pockets.

Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time to liquid, mixing well.










I use my kitchenaid and switch to the dough hook about 1/2 way through or so.

Knead well.









Transfer to a greased bowl and allow to rise for 30 minutes.











Punch down and shape on a pizza pan, you can use a bit more rice or millet flour if it is a little sticky. (we prefer a thinner crust so this made us 2 pizzas)










Allow to rise 15 minutes

Preheat oven to 350.

Bake for 10-15 minutes.










Allow to cool, top as desired and bake 15-20 minutes more.




                                                                                  Pepperoni for the kiddos...













Mediterranean Chicken for my husband and I














Here is my little GF kiddo enjoying his first GF pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment