Sunday, September 8, 2019

Pizza Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I had a pork roast that I had defrosted but then we ended up doing BBQ pork ribs that night(couldn't pass up the DEAL! I needed to use up the roast but nothing was striking me. My kids are ALWAYS up for pulled pork but since we JUST did BBQ ribs I didn't want to go that route. My son always suggests pizza as an alternative to everything when nothing sounds good......that got me to thinking and here we are ;)
I did the pork in an electric pressure cooker.
Another one I missed out on some pics :(





2lb pork loin roast

2 TB olive oil
salt and pepper

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 TB oregano
1/2 TB basil
1/2 TB parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

2 cups + pizza sauce (to your sauciness preference)

25 slices pepperoni, chopped

1 large green bell pepper, chopped

Mozzarella, shredded

Hoagie Rolls


Other Topping/Mix in ideas:
Mushrooms
Black Olives



Season pork roast generously with salt and pepper.
Put olive oil in the bottom of the electric pressure cooker and set to saute.
Sear the roast for  2 minutes on each side.

While it is searing mix the rest of the seasonings.

Remove the roast from the cooker and rub the seasoning mix into the roast.

Return to the pot wit the chicken broth.

Set pot to high pressure for 50 minutes.

Natural release for 15 minuets then release the rest of the pressure.









Remove from pot and shred the pork well.
Save the cooking liquid in another bowl.
Return the pork to the pot, add sauce to your preference......and you can add some cooking liquid to thin it as necessary.







Add the bell pepper and sliced pepperoni, and any other "toppings" that strike your fancy.










Heat on saute until it is bubbly.

Scoop into toasted buns, top with cheese and enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment