Sunday, September 8, 2019

Goat Cheese Stuffed Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs

I realized about 1/2 way through making these that they were looking more and more delicious and I wanted to put them on my blog. So not as many process pictures but you get the idea!










1½ lbs ground turkey
1 egg
½ cup bread crumbs
about 6 sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil)*, chopped
1 cup frozen baby spinach (mine was leafy, not packed tight)
1 TB oregano
1/2 TB parsley
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

about 2 oz goat cheese (feta would work well if you are not a goat cheese fan)
extra oil from the sun dried tomatoes

*use your own judgement here, different brands have different cuts. Mine were packed whole.

In a large bowl mix the meat, egg, crumbs, tomatoes, spinach and seasonings, gently.

Fashion into meatballs of your size preference (I made 24 decent size ones.)

Poke a small indentation in each one.

Roll a small ball of goat cheese(mine were about ½ inch balls) and place in the indentation, then roll the meat to seal it in.

Place on a lightly greased baking sheet (I foil lined mine first). Drizzle extra oil from the tomatoes over the top of each ball, turning to coat.




Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Bake for 20-25 minutes until internal temp is 165°



















I served mine over zoodles with a roasted red pepper sauce! Same one I used HERE and I threw in a  handful of shredded mozzarella too

No comments:

Post a Comment