Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Chicken and Creamy Mango Sauce over Zoodles

I found a delicious sounding recipe on Allrecipes so I decided to put it on my dinner list. As I was making it I changed the method up slightly and gave it my own flair so I thought I would put it here too!










1 lb chicken breast
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
1 large mango, peeled, and chopped, divided(peeling tip!)
1 cup heavy cream
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
black pepper
red pepper flakes
grated Asiago cheese  (parm is fine too!)

Season and cook your chicken however you like (I did garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika then roasted it) cool, shred and set aside.

In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add onion, garlic and ginger root and cook until tender.










Add 1/2 the mango and simmer until everything is soft.










Transfer to a high powdered blender and blend until everything comes into a puree















Add it all back to the skillet with the  heavy cream, mix well.












Add in the remaining chunks of mango and the red pepper slices and the shredded chicken. Season to taste and Heat through.









While that is heating make your zoodles....

I just do a little olive oil and some pepper and garlic powder, then heat them to tender crisp over medium high in a skillet. You can season and cook them whatever way you like.

You can of course put this over regular pasta if you like!




Plate your zoodles, top with a scoop of the mango sauce, sprinkle with Asiago cheese and a shot of red pepper flakes for an extra kick!









No comments:

Post a Comment