Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Yummy Mini Meatloaves

I realized that I didn't have a "regular" meatloaf(I have Italian, Taco, Salisbury and Pizza meatloaf but no standard kind!) on here so I decided to whip one up! I did Mini loaves today, but you can throw this all in a meatloaf pan for a full sized one. I served mine with some Spicy Jicama Fries!





1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef *
1/2 lb lean ground pork
3 TB non fat plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
1/2 cup tomato sauce, divided
1 TB worcestshire sauce
3/4 cup bread crumbs
and salt black pepper to taste

1 TB brown sugar

*I used 90/10, some people prefer higher fat for meatloaves but I find it unnecessary


Combine onions, garlic, beef, pork, egg, Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup tomato sauce and worcestshire. Mix gently (I prefer by hand but I know some people don't like to touch raw meat). Add bread crumbs as needed to get to your preferred consistency. Some like it on the wetter side, some like it dryer. In my personal opinion 3/4 c was just right. Season to taste





When it is mixed you can shape it into 8 loaves and place on a greased, rimmed baking dish.....or you can shape it into a loaf pan.












Mix the remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce and 1 TB brown sugar.

I prefer to put my topping on prior to baking so I just slathered it on the raw meat. Some people prefer to wait and add it at the end of baking time....that is up to you!





Bake in 350 degree oven......mini loaves take about 35-45 minutes, if you are doing a  loaf , increase temp to 400 after 45 minutes. Bake 20-30 minutes more. Make sure your temp is a minimum of 160.

When it is done cooking allow to set for 10 minutes before serving (or slicing)







No comments:

Post a Comment