Thursday, August 25, 2011

Berry Almond Chicken Salad

Wendy's has a new salad and was pretty tasty but their chicken is SO salty, the lettuce mostly consists of iceberg lettuce with a few leaves of other varieties thrown in and the price made my jaw drop, so I decided to make my own version. I think I may have a new favorite salad!







All amounts are to your preference!

Mixed Greens( I like Safeway organic spring mix with baby spinach added)
Sliced Strawberries
Blueberries
Shaved Asiago(or parmesan if you dont have asiago)
Sliced Grilled Chicken (I just grilled some up with a little garlic powder, onion powder seasoning salt and lemon pepper)
Sliced Almonds
Raspberry Vinaigrette(homemade or store bought, the Wendy's version uses one made with Acai juice but if you cant find one plain Raspberry is great too. I will work on a replica recipe of that)

I added carrots too because my family LOVES carrots(seriously we go through a costco 10 lb pack in less than 2 weeks!)
--any other veggies you like but watch your flavors, zucchini and cauliflower are mild, broccoli might be a powerful flavor and over run the berries....etc...

Place on a plate (in the order given to make it pretty LOL)

Dig in! Easy as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment