Friday, August 12, 2011

100 Grand Bars



Yummy copy cat of 100 Grand Bars, also call 100,000 Dollar Bars!










20-25 Caramels(this depends on how thick you want your coating)
12 oz package milk chocoalte chips
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal


Melt Chocolate chips in a double boiler until smooth.












Remove from heat and add in Rice Krispies.
Place in the fridge and cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, you dont want it TOO firm but firm enough to hold its shape.









Unwrap caramels and roll into slim tubes about 1.5 inches long.( as you can see I started with 30, but that was too many with this amount of coating LOL I ended up with 20 with a thicker coat)










Take each shaped caramel and press coating around it, I found working with my hands sprayed with cooking spray helped avoid sticking, place on a piece of waxed paper and allow to set until firm.












My boys helping unwrap caramels!

No comments:

Post a Comment