Logan wanted homemade Strawberry Ice Cream for his b day. I found this recipe and it is DELICIOUS!!!!
LINK to original...
Ingredients1 pint strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar , divided
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl, cover and set in fridge overnight(or at LEAST two hours).
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 3/4 cups sugar, mixing well. Stir in milk and mix well.
- Pour milk mixture into a pot and heat over medium heat stirring constantly until temperature reaches 160, this will destroy any bacteria that could be harmful in the raw eggs.
- Place in a covered bowl and refrigerate overnight(or until cold)
- Place milk mix back into mixing bowl and mix until fluffy(about a minute)
- Add in Vanilla
- Add strawberries with juice and mix well.
- Gently stir in whipping cream just until combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
I use a Rival Soft Serve machine. So After the process is complete I took it all and scooped it into a freezer container and placed in my freezer to harden up. During the freezing process I made sure to stir it by hand every 30-45 mins!