Found this recipe at Tasteofhome.com I tweaked it a bit to suit my needs!
Totally amazing recipe, can be tweaked to YOUR tastes, bell peppers, bacon instead of sausage, no meat, or I think I am going to try Morning Star Farms Sausage Crumbles !!
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm evaporated milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-2.5 cups white flour
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 7 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and wash potatoes, place them in a pan of cold water and heat to boiling, boil 10 -15 minutes until fork tender, you want them cooked slightly but NOT mushy.. drain and let cool.
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add evaporated milk, oil, sugar, egg, salt and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Take Cooled potatoes and grate into hash brown style
- Beat eggs with milk and seasonings
- In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain and rinse gently. Add hash browns and eggs. Cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; keep warm.
- Punch dough down; divide into 16 pieces. On a floured surface, roll out dough into 7-in. circles. Top each with about 1/4 cup filling; fold dough over filling and pinch the edges to seal.
Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.