Monday, August 3, 2009

Chicken Burrito Casserole


When I have made a big batch of frozen burritos sometimes not all of them get used in a timely manner. This is an excellent way to use them up if they are at risk for freezer burn!








Chicken Burrito Casserole
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
8-10 frozen bean and cheese burritos, LINK to my recipe or you can use Store Bought ones
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup(LINK for homemade)
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese(or any kind of cheese really, colby jack is great, or pepper jack for a kick)
1/2 c black olives, sliced(optional)
1 TB chopped cilantro(optional)
1/2 cup salsa(optional)

Heat oven to 350
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and layer burritos on the bottom.
Scatter chicken over the top of the burritos
Mix soup, sour cream, milk, 1 cup of cheese, salsa, cilantro and olives(if using) in a medium bowl
Pour mixture over chicken and top with remaining cheese.(I put my olives on top this time, I knew I had a can but didnt find them until the last minute)


Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment