Sunday, November 14, 2021

Cream of Zucchini Soup

 I found a Cream of Zucchini Soup recipe and it looked fantastic.....but I forgot to bookmark it and could not find it again, but then I thought about my Cream of Greens soup and thought I could totally modify it with Zukes.......and it a was a TOTAL hit!  No process pics but it is pretty simple.




1 medium onion, diced

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 TB avocado oil

2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters

2 lbs zucchini, unpeeled and sliced

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup milk (I used 2%)

1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

salt and black pepper to taste

1/2 cup sour cream

Fresh grated Parmesan cheese



In a large pot heat oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant.

Add potatoes, zucchini and broth.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes until potatoes and zukes are very tender.

With an immersion blender (or in a regular blender in batches) process until completely smooth. 

Add milk cream, seasonings  and sour cream and process again until smooth.


Heat through and serve with a topper of parmesan cheese!

I did a side of Texas Toast too!





No comments:

Post a Comment