Friday, November 27, 2015

Pecan Whiskey Fudge

I didn't get to do a cheesecake for Thanksgiving this year so I decided to make fudge! I had a recipe for Jack Daniels Fudge so I decided to modify that recipe slightly and use some Pecan Whiskey my husband brought home.  Definitely not suitable for the kiddos but a rather tasty adult treat!








5 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup whole milk(don't sub skim or reduced fat)
1 TB pure vanilla extract
6.5 oz mini marshmallows (or large ones, torn up)
10 oz  60% cacao chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup Pecan flavored Whiskey (I used Revel Stoke, Pie Hole would be good too)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)











Foil and butter a 15x10 rimmed baking sheet (for thicker slices you can go to a 9 x 13 baking dish if you like)









Whisk together whiskey and powdered sugar, set aside










In a large heavy bottomed pot combine white sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.











Heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly until it is all melted together. When it reaches a boil clip a candy thermometer to the side and boil and stir until it reaches 237 degrees (about 2 mins 45 seconds from my timer)















Remove from heat,  add in chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir until fully melted and no lumps remain.















Stir 3 minutes until it starts to just slightly thicken.












Add in whiskey/sugar and pecans if using and stir until just combined.  (I like my fudge smooth so I skipped the pecans)











Pour into prepared sheet.

Chill completely in the fridge. Allow 24 hours before slicing.









Lift from the pan by the foil and peel back.











Slice into squares, I got 60 squares with the 15 x10 pan
















No comments:

Post a Comment