Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Zucchini Spaghetti with Red Pepper and Tomato Bruschetta

I had zucchinis that needed to be used and some tomatoes and red peppers too. My husband has been asking for a spiralized zucchini dinner for a while so I thought this would be yummy! I also got a good deal on Open Nature Italian Chicken Sausage so I decided to throw those on as well, it would be good without them as a vegetarian dish as well so I am labeling it for both.







Bruschetta:
2-3 good sized Roma tomatoes, diced*
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 TB sweet onion, minced
2 TB fresh or 2 tsp dried basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB olive oil
1 TB balsamic vinegar
black pepper to taste



2 lbs zucchini, spiralized
1 TB olive oil
salt/pepper to taste
1 cup tomato sauce

12 oz Italian Chicken Sausage, quartered and sliced

Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded

Combine all bruschetta ingredients together and allow to mingle at room temp for at least an hour. The longer it is allowed to sit, the better, but stick it in the fridge if you are going longer than an hour.

* I diced my tomatoes and they were VERY juicy so I put them in a colander to drain off some excess juice for about 20 minutes. If yours are overly juice I suggest adding this step.



If you refrigerated your bruschetta allow it to come to room temp while you are preparing the rest.



In a large deep pan saute the sausages until heated through ** I recommend a wok, the pan I used for my sausage was too small for the zucchini.









Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Heat olive oil. Add zucchini and season to taste.











Add tomato sauce and toss to coat. Heat just to tender crisp and remove from heat.











Plate some "pasta" top with a scoop of bruschetta, some sausage, and top with a sprinkle of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.





No comments:

Post a Comment