Thursday, March 12, 2015

Tilapia Burgers

I had tilapia out but the recipe I had in mind just wasn't doing it for me so I decided to make a burger. I was going to put them on savory waffles but then I got busy so I just tossed them on regular buns. I think waffles would be better!











1lb tilapia filets, cooked (I steamed mine)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used my fluffy gluten free bread)
1 large egg
1 TB dijon mustard
1 TB lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 TB dried parsley
1 TB fresh chives, chopped
1 green onion, whites and greens, chopped fine
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste



buns
provolone cheese
tartar sauce
other toppings to taste
-I was going to use spinach, but it my supply had gone bad :(

 Flake your tilapia up well

Add remaining ingredients
 Mix well
Scoop by 1/3 cupful and shape into patties, place on well greased baking sheet




Broil for 5-7  minutes, GENTLY (they are pretty fragile!) flip and broil 5 minutes more until you reach a temp of 165. Top with provolone cheese and broil until it is well melted.





Top your buns as desired and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment