Friday, May 30, 2014

BBQ "Lasagna" Pizza With Garlic Ciabbata Bread Crust

I was in the mood for pizza....but not a typical pizza. I had some leftover  BBQ Spaghetti Sauce that I had frozen so I thought I would incorporate that and some other typical lasagna meal flavors.

This made me 2 pizzas






I made THIS recipe for my ciabatta crust....(adding 2 cloves of minced garlic to the mix), just to the rise instruction
Garlic Butter:
1/4 cup softened butter
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp parsley

Ricotta Mix:
1 1/2 cups ricotta
2tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper to taste

Fresh Grated Parmesan, Asiago and/or Romano

2 cups BBQ Spaghetti Sauce (or Regular Spaghetti Sauce if fine too!)

Baby Spinach to taste

Mozzarella to taste


Crust:

Mix Garlic butter ingredients and set aside.

After the rise in the original instructions,  I floured my hands well and shaped it into 2 pizza crusts on greased pans. Re-Flour your hands as needed, it is a sticky dough. Allow to rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degree
Place crusts in oven and bake 6 minutes, then generously brush each crust with garlic butter mixture, reserving a TB or so.

Bake 6 minutes more and remove from oven. Allow to cool.


While the crust is cooling blend the ricotta ingredients. Then split and spread evenly over prepared crusts.

Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan/romano/asiago.

Over that split up the Spaghetti sauce and spread evenly over each...it will kind of mix into the ricotta but be gentle you dont want to over mix it.

Layer on some baby spinach , then top with cheese.

I sprinkled mine with a little Italian Seasoning a  touch of Mesquite seasoning and a bit more parmesan.


Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown.










Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing....and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment