Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Primavera Oven Omelette

I have been moving away from pastas lately but my husband had requested  Primavera Casserole or something similar. I decided to look into replacing the pasta with veggie noodles with my spiralizer but then I remembered I needed something for my son to throw in the oven for Drama Club night.....I decided to make it a big omelette! This would be great with ham added too.




12 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

1 small yellow squash (or zucchini), shredded and blotted as dry as possible
1 large carrot, shredded
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 orange or red bell pepper, diced
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
1 cup broccoli, chopped small

1 cup fine bread crumbs
1 clove garlic , minced
2 TB butter
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 350

Whisk eggs and milk until fluffy. Add in parmesan and garlic powder.










Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and toss the vegetables together in there.





Pour egg mixture over the top.
(Can be covered and refrigerated at this point. Up to 24 hours. Great if you want to make it up at night for a quick throw in for a late morning brunch)








Mix bread crumbs with garlic, butter and parmesan, set aside

Bake for 30 minutes, sprinkle topping over the casserole,










 then bake 15 minutes more until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Slice and Serve!







No comments:

Post a Comment